What is gold filled wire?
Gold filled wire is wire made up of no less than 5% gold plating over a base metal core. Jewelry has been made out of gold filled metal for well over 100 years. Most individuals with allergies to metals do not have any symptoms with gold filled products. Gold filled products are considered fine jewelry and have a lifetime finish for the majority of wearers.
What is Argentium wire?
Argentium is a fairly new metal to the market. Sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver. The other 7.5% is usually a copper alloy. In the Argentium they've replaced part of the copper with Germanium which inhibits tarnishing and keeps it's bright luster with just a wipe of a soft cloth.